The other day I was reading abt benefits of massage & how to setup A Mini-Spa Experience at Home.
1. Research has shown that people who get a head massage before any potentially stressful situation (like exam or presentation) show a significant decrease in anxiety and respiratory rates, as well as a significant increase in white blood cells and natural killer cell activity, suggesting a benefit to the immune system. Office workers who get a regular head massage are more alert, perform better and are less stressed than those who weren't massaged. It is also said to improve circulation in the head, enhance the senses, improve memory and promote clear thinking.
2. People who suffer from headaches, migraines, insomnia, vertigo and depression may benefit from head massage. It also addresses the harmful effects of cell phone radiation.
3. Air-conditioning and artificial lighting of the office environment often cause headaches, as can sitting slouched in front of the computer all day or the steering wheel, which may result in the formation of stress nodules in the neck and shoulders.
It is believed that a head massage:
- increases oxygen and glucose supply to the brain,
- improves circulation of cerebrospinal fluid,
- dissipates accumulated toxins in the head,
- increases the brain's pranic energy level,
- helps reduce hair loss, premature balding and greying,
- growth and lustre of hair is improved,
- massage of the temples, eyebrows and forehead improves eyesight and concentration,
- good for the sinuses,
All this because there are several important acupressure points on the head.
Just wanted to share this with you and record it for myself. So while I go for a sleep now; you must, with all those party plans for the new year eve, keep few hours to go indulge in some self pampering...